Advertisement banner

Türkiye Ready to Deploy Troops to Gaza Stabilization Force

Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan told the Gaza Peace Board in Washington that Türkiye is ready to deploy troops to an International Stabilization Force, while reaffirming support for a two-state solution.

February 20, 2026Clash Report

Cover Image

Türkiye’s Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan said Ankara is ready to contribute troops to a proposed International Stabilization Force in Gaza, addressing the first meeting of the Gaza Peace Board convened by U.S. President Donald Trump in Washington.

“Ceasefire Achieved, But Fragile”

Fidan stated that after two years of severe suffering in Gaza, a ceasefire had been achieved through what he described as President Trump’s personal efforts and joint diplomatic engagement. However, he warned that the humanitarian situation remains fragile and that violations of the ceasefire continue.

He stressed that urgent, coordinated and effective action is needed to stabilize the region and prevent renewed escalation.

View post on X

Military and Civilian Contributions

Fidan underlined that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan remains fully committed to ensuring Gaza’s security, stability and recovery.

“Türkiye is already providing substantial humanitarian assistance to Gaza,” Fidan said. He added that Ankara could make meaningful contributions to rebuilding the health and education sectors, as well as training local police forces.

In a significant statement, he declared: “We are ready to send troops to the International Stabilization Force.”

Support for Trump’s Initiative

Addressing Trump directly, Fidan said Türkiye would continue to support efforts aimed at securing and sustaining peace. He emphasized that the foundation of any lasting settlement must be a two-state solution.

“Let us work for the benefit of all peoples in the region and toward achieving this goal,” he said.

Türkiye Ready to Deploy Troops to Gaza Stabilization Force