Iran Refuses to Open Attacked Nuclear Sites to IAEA Inspections
Iran has said it will not allow the IAEA to inspect nuclear facilities that were attacked, accusing the agency of failing to condemn strikes on its sites and insisting that inspections can only resume under a new protocol.
December 15, 2025Clash Report
Mohammad Eslami, head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, made key statements regarding the dispute with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) over inspections of Iran’s nuclear facilities. Eslami said Iran would not allow the IAEA to inspect nuclear sites that have been attacked.
Attacked Facilities Closed To Inspections
Speaking to the Iranian Students’ News Agency (ISNA), Eslami took a firm stance on the IAEA’s inspection requests:
We have granted permission for facilities that were not attacked. For attacked facilities to be inspected, a protocol is required. Without such a framework, inspections cannot be allowed.
According to Iran, the main reason behind this position is the IAEA’s stance toward the attacks targeting these facilities.
Lack Of Condemnation By The Agency
Eslami accused the IAEA of failing to condemn attacks by Israel and the United States on Iran’s nuclear facilities:
An Agency that neither condemns these attacks nor has any directive for such situations has no right to demand inspections at these centers.
Eslami said IAEA Director General Rafael Grossi must answer to the international community, adding:
Our nuclear facilities were under the Agency’s supervision. The Agency must explain why it did not condemn these attacks and what instructions and protocols it has in place regarding attacks on nuclear facilities.
Grossi’s Concerns
IAEA Director General Grossi had previously stated that inspections had resumed but access remained limited. According to Grossi, the continued lack of access to key sites containing nuclear material and equipment—such as Natanz, Isfahan, and Fordow—is a serious concern.
Grossi noted that while some facility names appear on an agreed inspection list, it is worrying that the most important and largest sites remain inaccessible.
Related Topics
Related News
IAEA Chief: Iran Has Enough Uranium for Ten Bombs
Middle East
23/10/2025
Iran Reaffirms Commitment to Nuclear Oversight
Asia-Pasific
03/07/2025
UK Under Pressure to Exit $400 Million Palantir Deal
21/08/2026
Israel Advances With Settlement That Could Split West Bank
21/08/2026
German Authorities Uncover Russian Weapons Cache Near Berlin
21/08/2026
Musk May Hold Key to Ukraine's Plan for Survival
21/08/2026

