Trump Threatens to 'Bomb the Sh*t Out of Oman' If They Get in the Way
Donald Trump has threatened military strikes against Oman if the Gulf nation interferes with U.S. strategy, as Muscat conducts negotiations with Tehran over commercial maritime access through the vital Strait of Hormuz waterway.
August 17, 2026 Ahmet Koçak
Donald Trump in New York, August 14, 2026 - AFP
Ahmet Koçak
Editor
U.S. President Donald Trump issued Monday an explicit military threat against Oman, warning that Washington will launch air strikes on the Gulf state if it obstructs American objectives in its conflict with Iran.
The warning directly targeted separate diplomatic efforts underway between Muscat and Tehran to restore commercial navigation through the Strait of Hormuz.
"If Oman gets in the way, we'll bomb the sh*t out of them," Trump stated during a telephone interview with Fox News.
Trump: Midterms Have No Influence
Muscat’s bilateral negotiations with Tehran seek to reopen a maritime chokepoint that handled 20 percent of global crude and liquefied natural gas supplies before joint U.S.-Israeli strikes hit Iran in late February.
The ensuing shipping disruption across the corridor has pushed fuel prices sharply higher worldwide, intensifying domestic political scrutiny on the White House ahead of the November midterm elections.
Trump rejected suggestions that political pressure is dictating his battlefield calculations.
"Midterms have nothing to do with my thinking," he said.
Stalled Negotiations
Alongside threats toward Oman, Trump maintained an uncompromising posture toward Tehran, asserting that Iranian leadership must capitulate to halt hostilities.
"They should put up the white flag of surrender," Trump said, as bilateral negotiations between Washington and Tehran ground to a halt.
The verbal escalation coincides with the expiration of a 60-day deadline set under a June memorandum of understanding, which had initially mandated an immediate cessation of hostilities across all fronts.
Collapse of the June Framework
The preliminary diplomatic framework dissolved rapidly in July when Trump declared the arrangement void, followed a week later by Tehran's formal suspension of the agreement.
The unraveled pact was intended to serve as a bridge toward comprehensive negotiations addressing wider security issues, including Iran's atomic program.
Reiterating Washington's core casus belli earlier on Monday via Truth Social, Trump wrote: "The number one Goal is, and always will be, that Iran cannot have, in any way, shape, or form, a Nuclear Weapon."
Related Topics
Related News
Trump Clears US Companies to Launch Cyberattacks on Hackers
America
14/08/2026
Trump Withholds Netanyahu Endorsement as Elections Approach
Middle East
14/08/2026
How Iran's Attack on Navy Base Crippled USS Abraham Lincoln
America
15/08/2026
Trump Orders Pentagon to Cut Drills With South Korea
Defense
17/08/2026
US Conditions Defense of NATO on Fealty to Trump
America
14/08/2026
Anti-Muslim Chants Near Srebrenica Sparks Outrage in Bosnia
Europe
15/08/2026

